Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Could It Possibly Be Cooling Down?

Well it's finally happened, we got a weather cool down and a little rain too. Last night as I was out feeding animals the clouds were starting to build and I could see lightning in the distance. After a hellish September, breaking all kinds of high temperature records it's so nice to feel a cool breeze on my face. I have heard of people who get depressed because of no sunshine, is there a possibility there could be some sort of a syndrome for too much sunlight and 110 degree temps everyday? I need to check that out. Rich and the boys got back from Green Bay where they traveled to watch the Broncos get slaughtered by the Packers. I must admit that I'm a really sore loser and on the verge of not watching the games anymore. It really messes with my already not normal head. Spencer hasn't been on a winning team since his Sophomore year in high school. He never got to go to a bowl game while playing in college, and the Broncos haven't made it to the playoffs since he's been there the last three years. My Dad always told me, "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." Anyway there has to be a reason why, I just don't know the answer. I was up a lot in the night with severe pain again. I felt so good yesterday and spent the day doing chores and sewing on a baby quilt. I guess it's time for another cortisone shot, but do I really want to fill my body with all those medications? What's a girl to do, suffer? I have been reading "To The Rescue" the book about President Monson. He is such a wonderful person who tries to help whoever and whenever he can. He talked about attending the funeral of a dear friend of his. Elder Monson wrote "He taught me to appreciate my family as he appreciated his." His motto was, "A man has but three things, his God, his family, and his friends." That pretty much sums it up for me too. The older I get the more I realize that all this stuff we have, just doesn't really matter. What really matters is our relationships with God, our families and friends.

No comments: