Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lemon Machine, Pain, and Panhandlers

About a year ago I was in a fabric store and decided to buy a new sewing machine. I had a couple of old ones but the new fancy one that does about 50 different stitches caught my eye. After a short demonstration I brought my machine home and was so excited to start sewing. Well it worked pretty good for a while but one day as I was sewing the binding on a quilt it made a loud scary noise and the bobbin pulled out of the machine. I took it in and got it serviced, luckily it was still under warranty. When I got it home I started quilting on it again and the same thing happened, the weird sound and then the bobbin lifting out of the machine. So off we went again to the store, this time I was pretty ticked off. I talked to the guy who sold it to me and he said he was going to send it to their Glendale store for repair and if it did it again I could get a new machine. So two days ago I was in my sewing room putting the binding on a quilt for Trace and that darn machine did the same thing, this time the needled fell out before it made the noise and damaged the bobbin case. Now I'm really upset. I take the machine in this time in hopes of getting a new machine. When I got their the guy who sold it to me is in California, so they took my machine and will have him call me when he gets back. I have been up almost all night the last three nights with severe hip pain. It was so bad last night I decided to call the doctor about another cortisone shot or something to relieve the pain. When he called me back he decided that I need to have a CT scan to see if the medal replacement is in right or if I just have bursitis. Now my day really isn't going that well, no sewing machine, possible revision surgery, I'm up to my eyeballs in weddings and receptions this weekend that I need to shop for. Mindi and I pulled into the QT to get some gas when a young girl stopped Mindi and asked for $10 to get to Queen Creek. She told her a sob story about her mother dying and she's here from Michigan and on and on. Mindi came to the car and told me about the girl that needed some money. I got in my purse and gave her the $10. After Mindi talked to her for about a minute she got in the car and said, "I don't buy it. Something isn't right here." We watched as the girl went to a car and talked to a couple of guys and then went into the store. As we drove off we both felt like we had been taken for ride and been told a big fat story in order for some guys to get this girl to panhandle for them.
As I was telling my Mom how disappointing of a day it has been for me, no new sewing machine, having to maybe go through another surgery, and being duped out of ten bucks, all she said was, "at least you did what the Savior would have you do and helped someone. What ever she did with the money is up to her, let it go." So I'm going to let it go and hope that someday I will be blessed for trying to help a stranger, now if I can just get my new machine and my hip to stop hurting that will truly be an answer to my prayers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you will be blessed--I agree with your mama xoxo

Diane... said...

LOVE THE "IF THE SHOE FITS..." PICTURE TERRI!!!

SOUNDS LIKE SOME ROUGH TIMES!!! BUT I LOVE THAT YOU KEEP PULLING
YOURSELF UP AND THAT YOU ARE HANGING IN THERE!!!

CUTE CUTE CUTE GRANDKIDS...HOW MANY DO YOU GUYS HAVE???

AND I LOVE THAT YOU ARE A QUILTER...I NEED TO GET WITH THAT PROGRAM!!

ENJOY THE COOL WEATHER TERRI...IT WAS ALONG TIME COMING...CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE NEVER RUN INTO EACH OTHER LIVING HERE IN THE VALLEY AND ALL...