Wednesday, March 31, 2010

STILL Loving Life

I'm having one of those weeks, okay months, I mean years. Mindi and I spent two days shopping and cleaning getting ready for a baby shower today for a friend of ours in the ward. We got all the invites out and food assigned and then she called last night to say her water broke and she was on her way to the hospital. I had worked through the pain I was suffering from, this time on the other side of my back and into my knee and hip. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. this morning and as I was shuffling back to bed the thought came to my mind, "is this all really worth it?" Rich has been killing himself on a job that has to be done this weekend. I don't know why he gets these clients that think he is Superman. They plan a Grand Opening of a business when it will be impossible to get all the work done. Don't get me started on that! I know I have complained for almost 34 years about his workaholism, but neither one of us came from rich families so everything we have is because of his hard work. As we were getting ready for bed last night he looked so tired. I told him I thought we should just sell everything and go up to Eager and live in the cabin for the summer. He thought that sounded like a good idea but not realistic. So at 5 a.m. I'm still trying to make sense of living in a house that is too big, too expensive, and way to much work for us to keep up. Not even to mention the animals and all the ponds and water features I have to keep running. I was just drifting back to sleep when I felt a stinging on the back of my leg. I jumped out of bed, said a naughty word, turned the light on and sat in the chair next to my bed. Rich was just walking in the room and asked me what was wrong. I said, "I think I just got stung by a scorpion." If you've been stung once you immediately know when it happens again. He helped me strip the bed because I know the little critter is lurking somewhere in the sheets or blankets and I will find the little devil and kill it. So what I thought was going to be a fun day entertaining and eating some delicious food will be spent lying on the couch with ice on my leg watching Dr. Phil and Glenn Beck. Sounds dreamy huh?

1 comment:

The McNeil Family said...

What a relaxing day it will be for you. I am sore to hear about the your leg.I hope it feels better soon