Friday, March 26, 2010

What if we could see the trials of others?

Wow, what a difference a couple of weeks has made. I am almost pain free, which is a miracle considering I was wishing for some divine intervention just a few short days, I mean hours ago. I don't know if it was the compassionate chiropractor, the priesthood blessing, constant prayers or a combination of all the above, but whatever it was I am thankful. Today Mindi took me to the chiropractor but he had six people waiting for him so I decided to wait and go back this afternoon. As we left this morning we ran in to Jenn and her sister Becky who were going to the Ribbons and Lace place. Mindi needed to go there to pick up some clips for her darling flowers she is making, so we followed them in. As we were parking Jenn was pushing Brookie in the stroller into the store. She looked so cute with her little baby bump, (yes it is a boy after four girls), and she is always so sweet. As they went in the store, I stayed in the car with Troy who doesn't do well shopping, especially for hair accessories, I thought of how strong Jenn is. How much I love and admire her. How by looking at her you would never know the HELL she has been through. I admire all the mothers who have lost children. I remember as a young child hearing my Mom talk about my Aunt Sue Turley. Her firstborn daughter Cinda was stillborn. She would have been a year younger than me. Being a child I remember looking at the pictures they took of her and how perfect she looked. I can still remember feeling sad. I know I didn't know quite the enormity of the loss. I had four healthy pregnancies and then when Spencer was two I had a miscarriage. After that my life took a turn for the worse. I don't know why it affected me so much but something drastically changed in my life. Anyway, I remember after Kamber drowned I was standing in Hobby Lobby and being in a daze. I looked at the lady in front of me and wanted to scream "you don't know how sad I am right now, my grand daughter just passed away!" Luckily I didn't because they probably would have taken me straight to the nut house. As I was just outside feeding my animals I loved feeling the breeze in my face and smelling the orange blossoms. A thought came to me. Wouldn't it be weird if we could tell from looking in people's eyes what trials they have been through or what they are going through now. Maybe it would be, the loss of a child, breakup of a marriage, problems with teenagers, suffering from cancer or a serious illness. Maybe we would have more compassion if we could actually see what they were dealing with. This made me decide that I am going to just assume that everyone I see is going through something and try to be a kinder more understanding person.

1 comment:

larsen family said...

Wow, those were some really nice things said about me. Thanks so much for your kindness, love and support. I don't always feel strong on the inside. It is funny that you wrote that about me that day because just that morning I was in tears about Kamber, but yet you saw strength in me that day. Knowing that others see me as a strong person even when I don't feel it gives me courage to keeping plugging right along. So thank you!

Love Ya!
Jen