Monday, March 15, 2010

Just trying to help

Today has been one of the days. It started out as the first day of spring break. Spring break to the Larsens really means "spring cleaning." I felt pretty rested so I began doing what I do every morning, making my bed, feeding the animals and starting the laundry. I decided that my two aquariums looked pretty nasty so I started draining the water and cleaning them out. I then decided to go out and feed my chickens and rabbits and while I was out there cleaning out a pump in my pond I heard my dear friend and visiting teacher calling for me. I had forgotten that they were coming, so here I was in my pajamas with pond water and mud all over my legs coming in to the house. As I was dumping the water from my aquariums I some how pulled a muscle in my back or something because I have been hunched over and in pain all day. I called Annie and asked her if she was going to the chiropractor because I did something to my back. She wasn't going but later called and said she made an appointment for me at 3:30 p.m. That was so nice of her to take me in and the Doctor was so nice, I think he will be able to help me. Spencer and Annie also offered to pay for some visits for me, I so appreciate their kindness to me. I sure didn't expect that! Anyway, we got home about 5:00 and I layed down on a heating pad and took some pain reliever and just rested for about an hour. Then out I went to do my night time chores. As I got out to where the animals are I saw feathers all over the grass, so I went over and started counting chickens. I was two short, I found one totally eaten and the other one just dead behind my pond. For the last few days I have noticed that my Polish chickens have been flying up on the fence and a couple of times I have had to save them from the dogs. Last night I decided that we needed to move the Polish chickens to the other pen with the higher fence. So Mindi and all her kids helped me catch them and move them over. They didn't seem very excited, in fact they acted very nervous and like they were confused. I thought that this morning when they were all in that I had solved the problem, but obviously I just compounded the problem. I was just sitting there thinking how sometimes we think we are helping when in reality we are hurting the situation. How many times in my life have I made a situation worse by trying to help? Anyway, I decided that maybe we should clip the feathers on the chickens so they can't fly, so out we went with a flashlight to cut feathers. As we got to the pen all the surviving chickens were roosting on the fence. I grabbed the dogs and Mindi and I just decided to throw them back over where they came from. If they are that stupid to jump over the fence with two huge white Labs standing there ready to kill them, they deserve to die. I'm too tired and sore to worry about them tonight.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Teri!
One ~ I miss visit teaching YOU!
Two ~ I love reading your blog as it gives me the strength to keep going, even when life really stinks!
Three ~ I do and always will LOVE your humor! I get it and I love it. Your are REAL and that is what I love most about you. You say it how it is when most people think it but can't say it.
Four ~ I miss you and your family.

Hugs ~ Heidi Prince
heidijprince@gmail.com

Heidi said...

OK ~ I do know the difference between your, you're and you are should have put You are ~ any hoo!!!