Monday, March 1, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

Why are Mondays so hard? The old song "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down" is so me. We have had more rain in these last two months than all of last year. It has been crazy and it makes my chores messy and way harder. I woke up today with a sick chicken. I noticed that last night she wasn't breathing very well and because it was easy for me to pick her up I knew something was wrong with her. Mindi and I drove all over Gilbert trying to find some medicine for her. I could just let her die, but I feel like I need to at least try and save her. So another day without getting anything done. I have noticed that the older I get the harder it is to get things done and it takes way longer. I was telling my Mom about my frustration with my lack of productivity and she said, "just wait until you're 80." Oh heavens, I don't know if I will live that long. I can't believe we are already in the month of March. Wasn't it just Christmas? Anyway, I have a little place on my wall where I have a darling picture of Kamber. It was the last professional photograph Jenn had taken of her. After she passed away Jenn had one made for me. Anyway, every month I put a little reminder of what month it is so every time I walk past that picture I see it. I got out my shiny green Shamrock and put away my sparkly purple heart. Next month I will bring out the Easter Egg. The time is going by so fast that pretty soon we will have that wonderful summer weather that we enjoy so much. Ha Ha This summer should be interesting with two new grand babies due, and in one week we will know if it is possible that Ethan could produce a male child. I think I'm way more excited about it than he is, (or that's just what he says.) I'm still having a hard time sleeping through the night. I wake up and think about all the things I need to do and before I know it I've been awake for two to three hours. I do my best problem solving in the night. Mindi suggested I take a tranquilizer to help me sleep, maybe I will give that a whirl tonight. Tomorrow is another day and just like my Dad tells me when I get discouraged, "the sun will come up again tomorrow" and I'm a day closer to seeing Kamber.

No comments: