Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Got to Love My Boys!


Anyone that knows me well will testify that "I tell it like it is." I don't sugar coat it or make excuses for my opinions and sometimes it gets me in hot water. Mindi has had to apologize for me several times when she feels I have overstepped my bounds. I had one lady in Relief Society, (when they had us doing something I thought was "not that great") say, "you are saying what the rest of us are all thinking." Anyway, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I'm sure there are lots of people who don't get my humor and might take what I say as an insult. I have two daughters and two sons. That means that I also have two daughter-in-laws and two sons-in-law. We were having a discussion on Monday that Candi, Mindi and Annie all need to have girls and Ethan and Jenn need a little boy. That would give us eight of each sex for grand kids. Boy that went over like a flushed toilet. Annie thinks she wants all boys and maybe a girl down the road and Candi said that she doesn't really want to be a self masochist. She says she would end up in the "nut house" doing hair on all the Kooks, so maybe she will just keep the two boys she has and call it good. Ethan was here working today on a project in the back yard for Rich. They were pouring cement to store all the junk Rich has accumulated with his business and try and keep it out of the irrigation. He did such a good job. I was so impressed by the way he treated his guys and how professional he was dealing with all the stress of the cement truck drivers and the guy who pumped the cement to the back yard. He is truly a sweetheart of a guy. I haven't always felt that way about him, especially between the ages of 12-19. He has really changed since Kamber passed away and I would have to say for the better. He has always had a kind heart but I feel his heart is golden now. Spencer is a wonderful person too. Tomorrow is his birthday and I can't believe that little guy who was playing Pop Warner football just a few years ago is in the NFL now. Spencer and Ethan are both wonderful fathers who love their kids and have tons of fun with them. Spencer changes diapers and helps Annie when he's around, (he did not learn that from Rich.) Ethan is proud to say that he has changed maybe two diapers, but his little girls LOVE him. Kamber was such a challenge, but I know of all the kids she was most like Ethan and I know his love for her is endless. As I watched Ethan working hard outside all day it reminded me of Rich and how hard they have to work to support their families. Spencer works just as hard lifting weights, running and studying to be able to support his little family. I am so proud of them. They are so different, but so wonderful. I am so thankful Heavenly Father gave me two sons. My daughters are so precious to me also. That is why I want Annie and Candi to have a girl and Ethan and Jenn to have a little feller. But when all is said and done, I have NO control over what my darlings do, I have learned that for sure!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad you didn't strangle them as teenagers?!!!

Unknown said...

Teri;
All I can say is that I have always loved you just the way you are, Heavenly Father sent you here to earth with the spirit you have for a reason, you bless our lives with your personality, I have never been offended by anything you say, probably because I am just like you....dont ever change a thing about you, all of the experiences life gives us changes us just a little, but for the better, you are better and I love you for YOU