Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sisterhood

Okay I have forgiven Ethan, but my chicken doesn't look so hot. She was doing much better last week when it warmed up, but when it got cold and rainy I had to bring her back in my house and put her under the heat light. I wish I could read her mind and know if she would rather be out with her friends and just die, or be in a cage in my laundry room. My ESP must not be working. I remember a long time ago I went out to Queen Creek and bought a couple of sheep from an old farmer. We were transporting them home in the back of the Suburban so he tied their feet together so they couldn't move. I was worried because they kept bellowing all the way back to Gilbert. But, before we left I remember asking him if they were going to die. I will never forget what he said to me, it was, "everything that ever lives is going to die at some point." I just thought he had a "few loose screws", but since then I have come to realize how true that is. Last night we celebrated the birthday of the Relief Society at Enrichment Night. I have to say that we have the most fun and talented sisters in our ward. We had yummy Mexican food, it was decorated so fun, great conversation and then we played a little game. They had taken pictures of the front and back of our heads during the last few months. Then we tried to match the name to only the backs of our head. Then at the very end they showed a video of all the sisters in the ward, this time our faces, with a few words that describe us. As I looked at all those sisters, most of who I know pretty well, I could think of many acts of service that were given to me and our family during the years we have been here. I know at times in my life I haven't liked who I am. I have wished I could be skinny like someone, or play the piano like another sister, or have the money of others. But as I looked at all those women last night I realized that we are all daughters of our Heavenly Father and he has given each of us different talents and strengths, but we all have had trials and heartaches, disappointment and sadness. We are all different, but we are also so similar. How do women live without the sisterhood we share in the gospel? I know when Kamber passed away, they told us that when a child passes away, the families with the gospel do much better dealing with the adversity. I am so thankful that my parents taught us the gospel and the importance of the atonement, it has truly blessed my life.

No comments: