Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I've Been Dissapointed

Yesterday should have been a joyous day, a wonderful day of celebration. Instead it ending up being a disappointing day for me. This is how it went. Ethan and Jenn were finding out the sex of their fifth child. Because the last four have been girls, I really HOPED this would finally be a boy. A month ago at her first sonogram the girl had said she thought it "might" be a boy, but she couldn't tell for sure. So yesterday when I got the call from Ethan I was so excited. This is how the conversation went. "Mom you are having another grand daughter." Me saying, "Ethan you are such a liar." Then it went back and forth, "I'm not lying, call Jenn. This is good because I'm done." So then I went on and on about " this isn't the time to schedule a vasectomy." Your girls are darling, and maybe it's best you don't have a spoiled boy with all those sisters." I was digging a big hole to try and comfort my son, who seemed to be trying to convince me that he "really doesn't care." After we hung up the phone I called my Mom to tell her the news. She was shocked but just kept telling me that their girls are "darling" and that must be the Lord's will. I then tried to call Rich to tell him the news but he didn't answer his cell phone. I then called Mindi who had taken Troy to the dentist for some extreme dental work and when I told her that Ethan had just called and they were having another girl she said, "he is such a big liar, I just talked to Jenn and they are having a boy." I was so pissed off by this time I could have strangled him and been on DATELINE. Anyway, Rich finally called me back and I told him about the little girl we were having and he said, "I can't believe it. maybe it's just not in the cards." I didn't realize that he had just talked to Ethan and that he was in on it. By then I was so emotionally gone and upset that I began to cry. The Young Women's President was here for me to help her with a project and I explained to her what had happened. She was so kind, but then I had to start calling people and telling them what I thought now was the truth. I had tried to call Jenn three or four times and she never answered her phone. She did finally call me back about two hours later. She felt really bad that my darling son "who I went through Hell to get into this world" did to me and that I should have just called her. Well it's not like I didn't try. I still haven't heard from Ethan, I probably never will. But that's okay. I believe in Karma and he will get it. Rich even said, "now it's your time to retaliate." I don't know about that, but I do know I won't believe a word he says for a long time.

3 comments:

larsen family said...

I'm sorry that Ethan did that to you. I know that he thought it would be funny and that you would be all the more excited when you found out the truth. Ethan seems to love to tease you and I know that sometimes it ends up not being so funny. I know that Ethan loves you to death and he often talks about the sweet things you use to do for him as a boy.
I know that you are thinking that he sure has a funny way of showing it then.
Ethan is a teaser and does it to everyone he loves. It is one of the things that made me fall in love with him and at times makes me want to beat him. From now on you need to come straight to me, not your stinker boy.

Love You!
Jen

The McNeil Family said...

I am so sorry that Ethan dis this to u. But I would expect it any different coming from him. He is such a teaser. I can never believe him, I always think that he is lying. I know he loves u. My mom told me I will get what I deserve from my daughter, what I did to her. Ethan will hAve it comin to him with his little boy. I wanted to throw a shower for jen but she said u are throwing a big one. I want to help u with it, please let me help. I will call u and see what I can do to help. Love ya

Debbie said...

Now you probably wish you would have strangled him as a teenager! Good thing he has some redeeming characteristics :) Congrats granny. I am getting 2 more in September. Crazy!