Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's a Beautiful Life

Where has the week gone? It seems like spring break has gone by way to fast. I guess because we have been so busy it makes the days seem shorter. The weather has been beautiful. It has been in the 80's with the warm days and the cool breezy nights. We really need to take advantage of these nice days because we all know what is just around the corner. Mindi's kids have been begging to go swimming, and she has even threatened Trace that if he didn't stop asking she was going to make him go into the pool and clean it. The water is still in the 60's so I know he wouldn't enjoy that swim. Anyway, the last two weeks in Relief Society the lessons have been on: 1) keeping a journal and reading your patriarchal blessing, and 2) enjoying the beauty of all God's creations around us. Tonight as I went out to feed the animals and turn on the lights I couldn't believe how pretty it was around me. We have almost two acres of fruit trees and roses around the pool that are all starting to blossom. I came in and got the camera, (I am not a photographer) but I couldn't help to see if I could capture my feelings about my little corner of Heaven. I then went out in front to see if I could take a picture of the front of my house with all the flowers Rich planted in the fall. With all the rain they have really gotten big and the colors are so pretty. I noticed that my plants were looking a little bit wilted so I turned on the hose and went down the porch giving each plant a drink. Most of the plants on the porch were given to us from friends when Kamber passed away 20 months ago. I can still remember who gave us what plant and think about their kindness every time I water them. We have planted flowers in her memory every fall and when I see these beautiful flowers, especially the purple ones I think about her. I hope she knows how much we love and miss her. I think she will give her baby brother a pep talk and a big kiss before he comes to Ethan and Jenn. I know I spend way too much time and energy worrying about the future, finances, my diet, and my physical and emotional pain. I need to take more time to just enjoy the beauty around me and all my blessings. Mindi thinks I blog too much but to me this is my journal. This is my life. The blessings and the trials. Life can be brutal, but it also can be beautiful.


2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

You go a head and blog all you want. It is like a journal. I am horrible at journaling and figure it I have my blog made into a book then those after me can have something. I love the beautiful picture you look. I love the flower in your yard. Thanks for sharing.

larsen family said...

I love how often you blog. It is fun hearing from you when we don't get to talk. The flowers are beautiful. Our Kamber flowers have really blossomed also. It is wonderful to see the beauty that has blossomed in Kamber's memory. It makes me think that if we do our best here on earth then we too will become more beautiful.