Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"There's No Place Like Home!"

I spent all last week at Huntington Beach in California. I had so much fun last year, I decided to do a repeat vacation. The only problem was I was only two weeks post op, so this year was hard for me. I think if I would have known how hard it was going to be I would have just stayed home and been sad, but I didn't. We left yesterday to come home and the temperature was 70 degrees. When we pulled up to my house it was 102, but I was so happy to be home. I unloaded my bags and got in the bathtub for the first time since surgery. It felt like heaven, even though it was super hard getting out of the tub with my poor stiff and swollen knee, it was worth all the pain. We went to the beach five times, I only went four because after a walk down the pier, I thought I was going to die, so I stayed home and rested, iced and took some pain relievers so I could get through the evening festivities. We went to the park and lit lanterns that went up into the sky as far as we could watch them. I got to spend some time with two of my kids and eight of my grandchildren making memories I won't ever forget. We ate lots of yummy food from Mexican to Pizza and Hamburgers, it will take me a couple of weeks to lose the four pounds I gained on this trip. I was also proud that I only had one meltdown, the combination of homesickness, lack of sleep and that little voice in my head telling me I'm not good enough. It was fun to get away because I spend most days alone here while Rich kills himself working, but when I came through the door and saw my home and husband and all my animals I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, "there is really no place like home!









"

No comments: