Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Father's Day Fun



We had a nice Father's Day with the extended family. Len and Julie were back in New York with Robbie celebrating his graduation from medical school and blessing of their new addition. So we just had Mom and Dad over for dinner. Then my sister Mell and her kids, my brother Ben his wife Allison and a couple of his kids, plus all the grand kids and nieces and nephews came over for dessert. What a great group of people we have. I know they have "joy in their posterity."  When everyone finally left I was so tired. Sometimes I get tired of being the family party planner but am thankful to have a family that feels welcome and likes to come to our house. I also feel so blessed to still have my parents to celebrate with. Lately I have had two friends who have lost a parent and I know they are grieving, which makes me sad for them. I thought when I got older my life would get easier and less hectic, boy was I wrong. Now there are so many more people to worry about and there is always something to do. Yesterday I felt like I just needed to get out of my house. Rich took my Dad up to the cabin to irrigate the garden, so I knew I would be alone all night. Mindi was kind enough to take me to Hobby Lobby. We only had one hour to be gone, so we just walked, or hobbled in my case, up the aisles. I couldn't believe it when I saw all the pumpkins and fall décore. Then as we rounded around the side the Christmas decorations were out. After having surgery and then going to the beach, I have felt a little bit out of touch with reality. I'm hosting Bunco here at my house next month so I'm stressing about getting everything done for that. Now if I can just get Rich to fix our air conditioner and do a few other things I will be happy. Well kind of happy.

No comments: