Saturday, June 14, 2014

Glass Half Full?

Last year when I got home from the beach I was looking forward to going back this year. After spending a week on vacation and then coming home, it's been a different feel. I don't know if it's because of the added stress of  knee surgery, or if I'm just not the traveling type. It's taken me all week to try and get back to a state of normal. I didn't realize how much I do around here until I got home and started digging in to the mounds of laundry, animals and cleaning house. I'm also so tired, that it's hard to get motivated to do what needs to be done. Having surgery two weeks before leaving probably wasn't a good idea and I'm now faced with the fact that if I can't get my knee rehabbed, I may end up on crutches or in a wheelchair forever. Everything just seems harder when hobbling around on crutches. While I was gone I had two requests of Rich. One was to fix our pool and the other to fix the air conditioner in the kitchen area. From what I was told, he worked for hours trying to fix the filter in the pool. Something happened though and he accidently shot at least fifty pounds of sand into the pool. After spending two hours trying to clean it out with the water still in, he decided that maybe we should just drain it and start over. So for the last two days we have been working on cleaning it out and now it is filling back up. Sometimes I listen to the thoughts in my head and am ashamed that instead of just being thankful for a pool, I'm irritated that it isn't working properly. Can we say, lack of gratitude? I've been feeling a sense of sadness at some of the relationships I have. Most of it is because of my expectations not being fulfilled and the other just plain old disappointment. I'm trying really hard to just worry about myself and my own accountability but it is hard when we live in this mortal world to not get hurt by others. Life is hard for me and as I get older and this old body takes hit after hit, it's sometimes hard to see the glass half full, sometimes it just seems empty.

No comments: