Monday, June 23, 2014

82 Degree and a Flat Tire

Last night when I went to bed I was in a bad mood. I had spent three hours fixing dinner thinking I was having guests but they never showed up. There is something wrong with a couple of our air conditioners, so as I was cooking dinner the temperature was 82 degrees in my kitchen. I got no sympathy from Rich because he swears there are people who keep their thermostats at 82. Well if there is, heaven help them. This morning Mindi and I needed to go to the grocery store for a few things. As she pulled in to pick me up I noticed her tire was flat. After trying to put some air in it, we decided to take a chance and go to the tire store where she bought the tires a year ago. When they took the tire off they could tell there was a puncture in the side and the tread was worn pretty bad. So after sitting there for an hour and a half, and spending $135, we were on to the grocery store. Sometimes in life it just seems like I can't catch a break. I decided that I wasn't going to use crutches anymore so now I'm using a cane to get around. Either way it's hard to walk normally. My good friend came over early this morning to swim in the pool. She had the same surgery I had last year and is still in a lot of pain too. She told me today that she isn't going to let her knee injury keep her from doing things that she wants to do. I admire that about her, but I'm not willing to put myself out there like that. Although hobbling around Huntington Beach for a week was pretty much out of my comfort zone. Now for the rest of the summer I'm stuck here in the desert hating everyday it gets above 100 degrees, which is everyday until October or November. I guess I will just have to live on my memories of the 70 degrees, sitting on the beach enjoying the waves crash in because that's all I have right now.

No comments: