Friday, June 27, 2014

Keeping Watch on the Grandkids

Another week is in the books and sometimes I wonder why I'm not as productive as I want to be. I have spent some time everyday in the pool trying to get my stiff knee stronger and less swollen. I have to admit it feels better. I'm not using crutches, just a cane when I'm going long distances. I have even been walking on my own around my house a little bit, so hopefully every week I will get a little stronger. This morning Jenn brought her kids over to stay while she took Max and Brookie over for swim lessons. When they got back we all went out to practice what they had learned. Last week Brookie was so afraid of the Creepy Crawler she could hardly keep her eye off of it. Max would go out into the water but hold on for dear life. I couldn't believe after just one lesson they were doing so well. As I looked around the pool today with all these grand kids I felt really blessed. Unless you have been through the drowning death of a grandchild you really don't know how it feels. I watch Jenn with her eagle eye counting heads and panicking if she can't see one of her little ones. When I was in California sitting on the beach watching the kids ride the waves in I felt to helpless. The current would carry them farther and farther away from where we had set up our stuff. I remember telling Candi that I was nervous they were getting to far down and if something happened there wouldn't be anything we could do to help them. I remember Bert saying, "you may not be able to help them but you can be another set of eyes watching them." Every time I hear on the news about the drowning death of a child my heart hurts. I've been down that road to Hell and it's not fun, but I have a testimony that Kamber lives. I have felt the spirit stronger than I ever had, I also felt the comforter and the many prayers that were said in our behalf. Life has a way of teaching us things we couldn't learn without going through them. It really sucks at times but then we have learned some very important things and hopefully our testimonies have been strengthened. Next week I swear I'm going to get to make a quilt, or finish one that is in my "to be finished" pile.




No comments: