Monday, June 30, 2014

I Saw My Future at Therapy

Yesterday as I left church my Home Teacher, who is also a physical therapist was not impressed with my gait. He wanted to see me in his office today to see if he could help me. It seems like recovering from this surgery has been harder than when I was thirty, imagine that. They did a few treatments and then he had me walk. I felt so stupid in the gym with all these elderly people watching me walk. I have to admit that after I watched him and was instructed I had a few good passes. I felt different and good, way better than the stiff legged pirate walk I've been doing. He helped me when I had my hip replacement three years ago and he's helping me now. As I looked around I was a spring chicken compared to most of the old timers. I told my friend, "I'm looking at my future and it doesn't look very bright." As we walked out there was a little old couple, husband and wife. He was holding her hand being careful that she didn't fall. You could tell how much he cared for her the way he treated her, my friend commented on how sweet it was. When I got home and walked in my house I realized that now I have two air conditioners not working. My kitchen area was 83 and my family room and bedroom was 86 degrees. This always happens to me when the weather is going to be the hottest, that's when everything breaks. Oh well, life is not fair, I've known that for a very long time. Link Rich told me yesterday, "go outside and work in the 110 degree weather and 86 will feel cool." I guess I will just move back into the spare bedroom with all the extra junk we've been accumulating, at least it's cool down there.

No comments: