Monday, May 20, 2013

So Sad About Lance

A couple of weeks ago when we were in the hospital with Rich waiting for him to go into surgery, the anesthesiologist came in to talk to us. I asked him if he knew Lance Craig, my nieces husband who used to work at the same hospital as a nurse anesthetist. Their eyes lit up as we talked about what a great guy Lance was. When they left the room the nurse said, "I just want you to know that Lance was the kindness, most professional person I know. He always let people feel like he really cared about them." I have thought about that so many times over the last two weeks, thinking I should give Mary and Lance a call and tell them what these co workers said about him. I never did act on those inspirations and last night Lance passed away. I will never get to tell him what I needed to. When I talked to Mary yesterday and told her my experience in the hospital, I also told her what I felt about Lance. I never saw him upset or mad, he seemed to be such a special kind of person. They moved to Indiana last year and he has been sick since January. As I talked to my Brother Len last night, Lance has had some health challenges that were never going to let him stay that long on this earth. Now Mary will have to raise her three children by herself. I am so thankful she has her training as an RN and has worked in the hospital with critically ill patients, she should be okay. As we talked, I told her I wished the Savior could come down and heal her husband, but I also know that we will not be on this earth one day longer than we are suppose to be, and Lance was suffering and now he is free and out of pain. We know we will see him again and that families can be together forever, but right now we are so sad. Memorial Day is this weekend and now we have another person to remember that has touched our lives and hopefully he knows how much we loved him.

No comments: