Thursday, May 30, 2013

Funeral For Lance

Last week was a really hard one for our family. Nothing like a death in the family to get everyone out of sorts. Yesterday was the funeral for Lance. My brother Len got to come home for 36 hours to spend with his family before heading back to finish his mission. They will be home in a month and it will be so nice to have him back for good. Yesterday in the funeral he gave a talk about three principles they teach while serving in the mission. Number one is that "God is a loving Heavenly Father and he loves all of his children. Because he loves us he has an eternal plan for us." Number two is that "Because he loves us he has an eternal plan for us, the plan of happiness." This plan includes three stages, Pre-Mortal Life, Birth to Resurrection and then Life After Death. Then the third principle he talked about was the Atonement which covers all of our sadness, illness, trials and compensates us for all the injustices that we will have in our lives. I have wondered a lot lately why our loving Heavenly Father would take a young husband and father away from his family. But then again why would he take the very young children like Kamber, who have their whole lives ahead of them back to heaven? I feel like the older I get the dumber I become. I also realize that at any time our lives can change. All we have is today so each day needs to count for something because we never know what tomorrow will bring.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was such a beautiful funeral, it touched me hard when I listened to those little children sing--Eric was so cute and loud singing those words at the top of his lungs--I am a Child of God is a song that was sung at my brothers funeral when he died at at 15, so that song always brings up tender memories...love you