Thursday, July 21, 2011

"I Have A Dark Cloud Following Me"

Yesterday started out horrible with getting flooded out by our irrigation. As I looked out into my pond the turtles and fish were swimming in the yard because of the amount of water. I went out in the morning to find two fish gasping for air, I threw them back into the pond where my turtles decided they wanted to eat them. As I came in to talk to Rich he was on the phone with the bank because someone had taken our business card and bought $1000 worth of shoes and other purchases in England. Credit card fraud, wow that's a new challenge for us, one we haven't dealt with yet. Mindi and I got ready and went to the grocery store, something we haven't been able to do because of her bed rest, childbirth and then the death of her father-in-law. After the grocery store we ran a few more errands to purchase a light for my aquarium and some turtle food so my turtles would STOP eating my fish. By the time we got home we were melted. It was only 108 degrees but with the humidity it felt awful. Mindi had a friend come by and drop her kids off to play. With some other of the boys friends I bet we had at least thirteen kids swimming in the pool and running around going in and out of the house dripping water all over my wood floor. I was becoming more and more irritated as Rich was gone helping someone that has been dominating his time all week. How do people get their lives so screwed up? Anyway, I was lying on the couch watching "So You Think You Can Dance," no, I know I can't dance, when Rich came home and sat in the recliner and passed out. After the show we got up and went to the kitchen to get a drink, take my pills, and head to bed. All of a sudden I felt a horrible pain under my arm, I knew it was a scorpion, once you've been stung you never forget it. I started stripping down to my nothings as I was trying to find that bugger that was stinging the hell out of me. There I was standing topless in my kitchen while Rich ran and got a black light out of the garage to help find it. After going through all my clothes, we finally found it in the bottom of the garbage can, when I threw my clothes off it must have fallen in the trash. I have it in a glass jar trying to decide what would be the most painful way for him to die. As I was brushing my teeth getting ready for bed Rich said, "you know, you just have a dark cloud that follows you around wherever you go." I try and be a good person but it is true, trouble always seems to find me, like that little scorpion who must have crawled up my shirt while I was lying on my couch. Today I have found myself laughing at these little things that happen, I know it could be SO much worse, I lived through some trials that I never knew I could. I have a friend whose son was killed in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. Today is his birthday so my thoughts are with her today. Monday will be the third anniversary of Kamber's passing, someday that dark cloud will find somewhere else to go, that would be a happy day for me.

No comments: