Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Be Of Good Cheer"





This weekend has gone by so fast. Rich has been busy at work and trying to get Candi and B.J.'s pool up and running. They have lived in the house for 18 months and finally closed the deal and are owners of a darling house. The previous owner built an "over the top" pool with a spa and waterfalls that have been hard to figure out. The pump broke the summer before they moved in so they are trying to solve one problem after another. Last night we all went out to swim but found them discouraged and overwhelmed. I still had fun swimming with the kids while they worked some of the kinks out. I continue to be in pain and keep hoping and praying for a miracle. Today in the third hour of church our Bishop and his wife gave a good lesson on "Being Of Good Cheer." Boy is it hard when struggling with adversity to be cheerful. I'm more of the "Debbie Downer"type than someone who sees the silver lining in every cloud, but I'm trying to do better. At times I know I don't use the Atonement to help me in my suffering maybe I need to work on that too. I sure have a lot of character flaws to try and work through before I'm called home. Tomorrow is little Gunnar's third birthday. He is a special little guy who was born a few hours after we buried Kamber. I hope he feels our love for him eventhough he's in Colorado. I remember the day he was born was such a sad day for us, a day we would never want to go through, but what a blessing he has been. He's even named after his angel cousin. We are getting a huge rain storm right now, that's a good thing because Rich forgot to sign us up for irrigation. Maybe the wind and rain will wash away some of my chickens, ha ha!

No comments: