Saturday, July 23, 2011

How Can Max Already Be One?




Rich and I have been busy all morning getting our house and back yard ready for our HUGE BLOWOUT one year old birthday party for little Max tonight. He has gotten so big and is walking all around. He is also one of the sweetest babies I've ever been around. Hopefully the weather won't get bad, we never know in Arizona when the monsoon storms will hit. I'm starting to feel a little bit better with my hip, I think the shot must have helped. Also, after two nights of not sleeping because of the pain from the scorpion bite I had a better night last night. I took some pictures of my arm because I have never had such a bad reaction to a scorpion before. My arm swelled up to double in size and it was so red and painful I decided to take some antibiotics, hopefully they will help make it better. Mindi and I have been running errands like crazy. As we were coming home yesterday I realized just how much Mom's contribute to their families. I am amazed at how far behind you get when the mother is sick or "out of commission". We were so thankful for all the friends, family and ward members who brought in food and helped with the kids. I have such a strong testimony of the Relief Society Organization and all the service that is rendered on our behalf. We need to "Pay It Forward" now that we are kind of back to normal. Spencer and Annie made it back to Colorado safely, we are still hoping to have a football season, but are tired of worrying about it. Before they left I had Spencer and Rich give me a blessing. I have been so discouraged with the disability of being in constant pain and basically crippled. As I listened to the promises in the blessing I was told to "have courage to do what it takes to get well." If there are a couple of things I struggle with it is courage and faith that things will work out for me. The old "Debbie Downer" syndrome seems to fit me better, but I'm trying to do better, that's all I can do right now.

No comments: