Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Think I'm Retiring

Every summer I think it will be different. June wasn't that bad but now July has been AWFUL. I feel myself wanting to crawl in a hole and live down with the gophers. This morning I was worrying about all I needed to get done I was wondering what I could do to become a "snowbird." If I got rid of all my animals maybe I could just go up to Eagar or Utah for the summer and come back in the fall. The heat is really hard on my animals and I worry constantly about their welfare. The other day one of my chickens jumped over the fence so the dogs took care of her. Then I asked Mindi to do the chores Sunday evening because I was going to a fireside that Spencer was speaking at. She plugged one of my pumps into the wrong outlet so it never came on. In the morning I found seven of my biggest koi fish belly up. Rich just calls that "thinning the herd." I'm tired of the death and dying over here. I know we are suppose to endure to the end, but I think it's time to give up on the farming and ranching. I think I'm going to just concentrate on my quilting. I was just talking to a friend of mine in the ward and we are kicking around the idea of starting a little quilting club. Anyone who has a talent for quilting or would like to learn can let me know. It may just be the two of us for now, but we think it would be a fun little hobby and a way to use our talents in a constructive way.
Candi just called to give me the "guilt trip" about going to the movie with all the grand kids. I would much rather stay home and take a nap while watching Glenn Beck, but I guess it will be good for me to get out of the house in the 110 degree weather limping to the mall to watch a movie about training dragons. Sounds delightful!

1 comment:

Heidi Irwin Prince said...

Oh Teri ~ you make my day! I love reading your blog. It was 102 up here today. I thought I was done with 100 degree weather when we moved up here. The older I get the worse the heat is ~ hormones gotta love them....NOT. We struggle with periods as young women then pregnancies THEN the joy of menopause ~ I have just a few question for GOD ~ I love you! Heidi