Sunday, July 25, 2010

"All is well! All is well!"


Sundays are always a day for me to reflect on my family, testimony and faith. As I was getting ready for church I became a little emotional but got my waterproof mascara on and limped in to the chapel. The opening song started and the tears began to flow. The song "Come Come Ye Saints." has always been one of my favorite hymns. I remember my Mother and Grandmother telling me stories about our ancestors who left their homes and came across the plains to find religious freedom. Many of them died of starvation or illness, and lots of the mothers buried children in the frozen ground of the mid west, but continued on hoping for a brighter future. The final verse of the song says, "And should we die before our journey's through, Happy day! All is well! We then are free from toil and sorrow, too; With the just we shall dwell! But if our lives are spared again To see the Saints their rest obtain, Oh, how we'll make this chorus swell-- All is well! All is well!

After church Spencer and Annie came over because they are leaving for Colorado today. He has always wanted Rich to give him a blessing before the start of the season. I asked Rich to have Spencer help him give me a blessing because I am in desperate need of help regarding this "pain in the butt" hip problem I have. It is special to have worthy Priesthood holders live in your home. I don't take that for granted. Annie's parents came after church and Spencer then gave Annie a blessing because she will be having a baby away from home for the first time. Then Rich and Annie's Dad Mark gave Spencer a wonderful blessing to help him get through this season.

My thoughts have been on Kamber all day long, this being the two year mark since her return to Heaven. I want to be so happy for her. Her mortal journey is over and because she was only two she has the wonderful opportunity to live with our Heavenly Father. The hard part now is for the rest of us to endure like the pioneers did and keep getting closer to Him. As I was sitting in church not being able to control my tears, Mindi turned to me and said, "remember you said, we aren't going to celebrate her birth or death, we are going to honor her everyday." I hope someday I will be able to say, "All is well! All is well!"

2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

I think remember her today.. I wore the necklace mindi had made with Kamber's face on the bottle cap. She was such a fun loving little girl. We took flowers to her yesterday and my kids just looked at her pretty face as we talked about her. It is neat to get blessings from worthy priesthood holders. I also forget to ask for blessings when I am feel like I can't go on.

Unknown said...

Teri: Yes All is Well, especially for Kamber her journey continues and how lucky she is to be in the presence of our Savior. For you, I say you will always remember this day, you will never forget the pain but you have eternity to look forward to being with her again.
xoxo