Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Faith in Every Footstep"

Two weeks from today will be two years since our precious two-year old grand daughter passed away after falling into the family pool. It has been an agonizing painful experience that we try and get through day by day, trying to have "faith in every footstep." Every time I hear the news about another drowning or near drowning it makes me go down into a place that I consider "HELL."
Yesterday afternoon I received a call from a friend in our ward wanting to call Rich on his cell phone. He sounded a little bit out of breath and desperate. I waited a few minutes and then called Rich to see what the call was about. I said, "what is going on?" There was silence for at least twenty seconds and then my soft spoken husband tried to get some words out. All I could understand was that they had just pulled a good friend of ours little two year old from the pool and he was on his way to the hospital. I have to tell you I was stunned, no in shock. I couldn't believe this was happening again. My mind started racing as I was having all these thoughts, but this was different. I called Rich back and said, "you need to calm down and drive slow to the hospital," he assured me that he was okay and would be safe.
The news was good, she was breathing on her own and talking and we breathed a sigh of relief. Neither of us felt that deep heavy felling of doom that we had two years ago. We had a peaceful feeling that everything would be alright. We have faith that this little girl will be restored to her vibrant health and we pray for her parents.
Last night as I was out watering my thirsty plants, ( it has been hotter than he*#) and my mind was wandering. I was thinking about all I have read about the death of children from the prophets and church leaders. I have read in the scriptures about how much the Savior loves the little children and how special they are to him. The prophet Joseph Smith said, "Those children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven." This gives me peace and hope that I will see her again and that she will be perfect.
When Rich got home I told him of my feelings of why this little girl had been saved, but that Kamber's experience ended differently. He had the same feelings. We don't know the answer to that question, but we know that our Heavenly Father is in charge of this world and we will rejoice when that day comes when we will be able to hold Kamber in our arms again.

No comments: