Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Camp Lo Mia, Camp Lo Mia

Mindi and Tristyn left for girls camp this morning at 6:00 a.m. I needed to talk to her before she left so when I woke up at 3:45 a.m. I decided to read my book so I wouldn't fall back to sleep and have her leave before getting my instructions for the week. I went back to bed at about 5:30 a.m. and when I woke up went down to see what the three little Moser boys were doing. They had the t.v. on and were just sitting on the couch. It is so nice that they are getting older and you don't have to watch them every second. Trace and Trent are so good with Troy and he is even showing signs of maturity. We went out and fed the animals and then they were to get dressed, clean their room, feed the fish and bird, eat some breakfast and then they could call Vicki who was nice enough to take them for the day. Dave got home a little early so he could be here to feed them dinner and do the night time rituals, baths and teeth brushing.
I know Mindi was having anxiety about going to camp. When she was twelve and going for the first time she didn't want to go. I got all her stuff together and sent her up with one of the leaders in her car. About a half hour later she came bringing her home. They had only gotten a few miles when Mindi told her she was feeling sick and thought she was going to throw up. Of course as soon as she got home she ate everything in site and was fine. So, the next year I decided to go up and work in the kitchen so I could be there for her. Last week when we found out that Dr. Huish was going to induce labor on Jenn, Mindi thought maybe she wouldn't go to camp that we needed her here at home. Of all my children, she is the one who is the most devoted to her family. She takes on a lot of stuff that isn't her responsibility but she does it out of love for all of us. I'm sure most of it is because she is the first born and a girl, my sister is the same way.
At dinner last night Rich brought up that this is the first time in five years we won't be going up to camp on Bishop's Night. Even though that is a hard trip to do in one day, the spirit of Camp Lo Mia is so strong. My Grandpa Marion Turley was one of the original builders and donated lots of time and money to build that beautiful camp up in Pine. When we went to camp it was a little less structured and we did lots of pranks and scary story telling. We would have water and shaving cream fights. I think it got a little bit out of hand so now they keep the girls really busy with classes and crafts so they are tired at night and don't get into trouble like we did. I hope all goes well and it cools down, they could even have a few thunderstorms and that is always fun to smell the pine trees after a storm. Those were the good old days!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Teri, I think the girls will be so blessed to have Mindi at camp this year with them. I just love her and think she is such a sweet person. Let me know if you need any help with the boys, I would love to come visit you and help out.

The McNeil Family said...

What a great experience to go to camp at an adult. I hated going to camp too.. I am so excited for Ethan and Jen. I can't wait to see baby max