Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hard but Worth It!

We got a call from Len this morning. He sounded so good but extremely tired. This mission president stuff is probably "kicking his butt" but he sounds so happy serving. He said that he had to take some missionaries to the airport at 4:00 a.m. who were going home. Because they live on the east coast they had to leave that early so they wouldn't get home at 2:00 a.m in the morning. They are driving 300 miles tomorrow for training. I honestly felt so tired after we got off the phone. I know that would be unbearable for me to be on the go none stop for three years.
A couple of weeks ago a sister in our ward was talking about the role we have as mothers. We know how busy you are with little children. It seems like someone is always sick or needs our attention. Not to mention the cooking, laundry, homework and all their activities. Anyway, when your children get married, move out and start raising their own families your role changes. I know the days before Mindi got married I was "in the toilet." It was like she was going to be gone forever. I remember my Mom saying, "where do you think she's going? You aren't losing her, you are gaining another son." I am so lucky that all my children married wonderful people. I love Dave, B.J., Jenn and Annie like they were my own children. As I look at my two pregnant daughter-in-laws, I am so thankful they are such great mothers. Jenn will be having her little guy next week so Ethan will finally have a son. He says he really doesn't care, but I think he will be so thrilled with a boy. He will be born a few days before the anniversary of Kamber going back to her heavenly home. I hope it is a healing experience for our family. We know we can never replace Kamber and the love we had for her, but I feel like this is a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father. It is really hard to have faith when you go through a hard trial. It seems like I'm always looking around to see what crises will come my way. When you are blindsided by something as painful as the death of a child it knocks you for a loop. I'm trying to be strong and convince myself that we aren't in charge. There is a higher power that understands us and hopefully answers our prayers. Life is hard, but so worth it!

No comments: