Monday, February 1, 2010

Glad it's Over

We had a fun day on Saturday with our family celebrating my Dad's 81st birthday. He and my Mom came from their home in Scottsdale and we went out to watch Tristyn play in her first club volleyball tournament of the year. It is always fun to see your grand kids do stuff your kids used to do. We then went out to Fuddruckers for dinner. After dinner most of the extended family came to our house for cake and ice cream and then we gave him the quilt. He didn't seem as excited as I thought he would be, but my Mom loved it. We probably should have done it for both of their birthdays since she will be turning 81 in November. Anyway, between the stress of making the quilt, cleaning my house, having his party and church yesterday, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I guess it is normal, kind of like Christmas or a wedding or something that we put a lot of time and energy into, that when it's over there is this "let down" of sorts. Anyway, I am just thankful it is over and I survived. Now we need to move on to the next big event. Rich was recently put on the High Council and so he is super busy again with church obligations. Most of them don't require anything of me, but some do. He informed me yesterday that we will be having a single adult family home evening here at my house on Feb. 22. There again, I don't have to do anything except get my house clean, but that is a chore and it stresses me out. I admire people who have the "sunny disposition" and never complain or murmmur about what is wrong in their lives, but that isn't who I am. I am so blessed to even have a house at this point in time, and that Rich has a little work is the icing on the cake, but I'm tired. I was thinking yesterday that I want to go away somewhere. Is there somewhere you can go that doesn't cost any money, you don't have to drive or fly in an airplane, and the weather is perfect? If you know of the place let me know and I will go with you. I will be waiting to here from you!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hi Teri!!! For some reason I stumbled upon Kamber's blog then yours today. I'm trying to hold back the tears because I'm at work but gosh, how touching are these posts! I love reading your blog. I miss seeing you, seems like forever since I was hanging out with Candi at your house!

Judy (mom) said...

Wow, what a neat talent you have of making such beautiful quilts. I can't believe your dad is 81!!!! Isn't it amazing that we are now places in our lives that used to seem so far away??? ugghh!