Friday, February 5, 2010

My Own Worst Enemy


The weeks are going by so fast that I don't feel like I'm getting anything accomplished. Every week seems to have it's ups and downs and some weeks just seem like all downs. We have had so many birthdays and baby showers, bridal showers and wedding receptions. Now our family is excited about a mission call. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with my life that I wish I could just take off by myself and sit in a chair at the beach and watch the waves come in and out. The problem is, I don't really like the beach and I hate having sand all over my body. Those who know me well understand my love for animals. I don't enjoy petting them or holding them and it is even a chore to go out twice a day to feed them. I feel like maybe I just like having them and collecting them. I traded 4 baby sulcata tortoises for 4 black silky chickens a few months ago. I didn't really need more chickens, but I felt I should be compensated for my generosity. Well as it turned out the 4 chickens who were supposed to be hens ended up being roosters. For the last couple of weeks I have layed awake at night listening to all these roosters crow from about 3:30 a.m. on. On Wed. morning I got up at 6:00 a.m. and went down and woke Mindi up and made her go out and help me catch these roosters because I was going to send them "down the river!" Anyway, I finally got in touch with the girl who traded them to me in the first place and went and took them to her. I felt like to save them from the stew pot I needed to make her take them back. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy. My life would be much simpler if I did just live alone with one dog and one cat, or maybe just one fish. Maybe my problem is that I'm still that 14 year old rebellious teenager who doesn't want to hear "you can't have that or shouldn't do that, or maybe I shouldn't feel like that." Anyway, I'm sure I have some very unhealthy psychological problem causing my behavior but "it is what it is." I hope in heaven they will let me take care of the animals. I think it will be easier up there.

So Long Roosters!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I swear, your posts make me laugh and cry at the same time! I love your personality Teri!!! I think you're awesome!