Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Keeping Busy!

This week has been a little bit less hectic for us but we are still busy. I try to stay busy because if I have too much spare time I become a little bit "in the toilet." We had an adult Family Home Evening here on Monday night with the single adults. I spent all day cleaning my house and the Bishop and his darling family came and did the lesson, games and refreshments. It was so fun but we had a problem; only two singles came, and one was a friend of mine I had invited a month ago. I was so discouraged when I went to bed, and I am confused at why these people wouldn't want to come to a clean house and have some yummy cookies and milk. Anyway, Rich has known that for the last couple of weeks, okay months, okay 20 months, I have been struggling with the loss of our Angel grand daughter. He mentioned that there was a good article in the Mormon Times about death. In this article it talks about how "Children must learn about death." In the "olden days" people would die all the time from accidents and illnesses. He says, "Without death we should not fully understand how much we love those who go. It intensifies our love as nothing else can do." He then goes on to say that "The experience of death is perhaps the greatest experience of love that we can have in this world." We have been really lucky in our family to not have had too many deaths, but as we age and our parents get into their twilight years I know we aren't going to live forever. I have been trying to come up with a way to honor Kamber. I have kicked a few ideas around but nothing seems to jump out and grab me. Maybe it's because it is still too soon. Anyway, I may end up doing something with quilts because of all my grandchildren, she loved them the most. If there is anyone out there who knows of someone who needs a quilt from a grieving grandma, let me know, I will see what I can whip up.

No comments: