Saturday, December 19, 2009

True Spirit of Christmas


I woke up early this morning wondering where to start. Everywhere I look there is an unfinished project or something that needs to be done. I was feeling overwhelmed so I decided I would take a few minutes and just write some of my feelings down.

Rich has some good friends in Scottsdale that he has worked for in their home. They are Bill and Doris and they are in their eighties and never had any children. They love Christmas and in the past we have been invited over for a delicious dinner and admired their beautiful home filled with all their decorations. Well, the last few years they have been giving some of these treasures to Rich when he comes by to do a little project for them. They are getting too old to do all the work it takes to put everything up and take it down. This year Bill gave us two boxes of the prettiest crystal ornaments and told Rich to put them on the two small flocked trees he gave us last year. So this year I decorated our big family tree, and Rich decorated the two little flocked trees with the crystal ornaments. At night when I plug them in they are so pretty. They just sparkle with the white lights bouncing off these darling shapes. They have hummingbirds, snowmen, bells, snowflakes, cowboy boots, and just about everything else you could imagine. I'm sure some of these ornaments were quite expensive, and some just very practical. Anyway, every time I walk by these trees I think of Kamber. I think of how beautiful she is and how pure she is. She never lived long enough to actually sin. I am filled with such gratitude for my testimony that she lives and that we will see her again. Because of the birth of Jesus Christ we can be born and then at some point we will all leave this earth and return to our "real home". I love the "Spirit of Christmas." It seems like everyone is a little bit nicer, a little more forgiving, a little more generous than any other time of the year. I hope we will all realize the true meaning of Christmas and do something nice for those around us this year.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love your crystal ornaments! I have been lousy at getting out Christmas cards the last couple of years. So here's my card to you. Have a Merry Christmas from our house to yours!!