Thursday, December 24, 2009

"The Most Wonderful Time"

I can't believe it is already Christmas, didn't we just have Thanksgiving? There is one thing I know for sure and that is as we get older time seems to speed up on us. I know now why my parents gave up on presents long ago and just give us a little money. This year wasn't so bad because we cut back because of the economy, but it is still stressful shopping for the eleven grandchildren. I am the practical Grandma in the family. I don't buy any toys for my little ones. I feel that is their parents and Santa Clause job to provide them with the fun things in life. I buy things to keep them warm and dry. Christmas isn't the same without all our family together. I don't know how families do it who are separated by miles and miles. Spencer and Annie will have their own Christmas tomorrow before he goes to practice, so we will be missing them. It is also the second year without our Angel Kamber. I don't know if life will ever be normal again where that is concerned we miss her so much. Rich and I were talking this morning about the recent tragic events that have happened here in Arizona. There was a lady shot while jogging this week in Phoenix and then there were three people killed in a car accident during a dust storm on the freeway. I have felt so bad for these families. That is one thing that happens when you go through a traumatic event in your life, you begin to relate to others who are going through similar trials. I can't believe how hard it would be to be planning a funeral around Christmas. I am also wondering what kind of person would shoot a defenseless fifty-seven year old "soon to be grandma?" Two of the people killed in the car crash were teenage siblings a seventeen year old girl and her fourteen year old brother. How terribly sad for their family to have lost two children in a horrendous wreck right before the holidays. Christmas is supposed to be the "most wonderful time of the year." We have had so many people who have brought delicious treats to us and are so overwhelmed with the generousity shown towards us. We also know that their are people we know who are suffering. All I can say is that I know our Heavenly Father loves us and is aware of our needs. We knew it would be hard when we left our home in Heaven to come to earth to be tested. Sometimes I wonder if I did really agree to all this, but I must have. We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope we will understand the true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

The McNeil Family said...

Merry Christmas. We are so grateful for your family. We love you guys