Saturday, December 26, 2009

Survived Another Christmas

All the grand kids right before we opened presents.

I survived another Christmas and am desperately in need of a good nights' sleep. We had a wonderful day with family and even the missionaries stopped by for dinner. The older I get the more I realize that it isn't about the presents, it's about being together as a family. After we opened gifts we ate dinner with our extended family, then we went to the Mesa Cemetery to decorate Kamber's grave. This is the second year we have gone and again I must say I am amazed at the people who visit there on Christmas Day. If you would have told me a few years ago that I would be spending part of Christmas in the cemetery I would have said you were crazy. Jenn brought some darling little trees and poinsettias and even a wreath to put on her headstone. Sometimes I wonder if the other children really understand what has happened and the finality of it all. We did get some good news from Ethan and Jenn, they are expecting a baby in the summer. It seems like every year on Christmas we get an announcement of a pregnancy. Okay, Mindi, Candi and Annie, who will step up to the plate next year? I'm so glad I'm old and don't have to ever be pregnant again. I didn't do so well when in my childbearing years, so I'm glad that part of my life is over. It's a good thing you do the hard stuff when you are "young and dumb" because I don't think I would have done it if I knew how challenging it was going to be. Next week we will be in 2010. I will turn 57 this year and it will be my parents 60th wedding anniversary. Where have all the years gone? Hopefully the economy will improve and our family will improve in the areas we need to this coming year. Maybe Ethan will even get a baby boy! He says if it's another girl "HE'S DONE." That's what he has said since Tayler, five kids ago. I hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. We love you all!


2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

It is great to be around family at this time of year. Kamber's grave looks so cute, with the christmas stuff. I am hoping that Jen and Ethan get a boy.. WE are so excited for them.

Debbie said...

Love the grandkid picture. I didn't take one of all my grandkids that were here. Dumb. Kamber's grave was decorated with love...and I can feel her sweet spirit as I looked at the picture ♥
....So--I am coming to get my jelly. What day would be good???!