Monday, December 14, 2009

Angels are wathcing over us


I had an interesting experience yesterday that still has me reeling. As the mother of a professional football player I worry about him all the time. It has gotten a little better since he got married. I think Annie has picked up where I left off. Anyway, yesterday Spencer had a game starting at 11:00 a.m. so I hurried and got in the shower so I could get ready for church while I watched the game. As I was in the shower I had this thought come to me that I thought was really strange at the time. It was "if Spencer were to get really hurt in this game, would you be willing to get on an airplane and go to Denver to be with him?" That totally caught me off guard and I just started praying that he wouldn't have an injury to test my faith. As the game began I watched Spencer run down the field on the first kick off and tackle the player just as his teammate hit him. I could tell instantly by the way he landed and how he rolled over that he was hurt. They said, "we have an injured Denver Bronco so we will take a break." My heart sank and I could tell I was moving into a "this can't be happening again" mode. Mindi's kids all came running down to make sure I knew that Spencer was hurt. We got ready and went on to church and taught our Primary class, all the time wondering if Spencer would be okay. Candi did text message us and said they x -rayed his neck and back and didn't see anything broken. That was good news. Later in the day Annie called and we had a nice visit with her, she said he was feeling better and she would have him call us when he got home. He called later in the evening and told us that his player hit him on the top of his head which made him twist weird and hurt his lower back, they would do a MRI this morning. I just got a call from him, he said the MRI was negative and that he could probably play this week if he can endure the pain, they gave him a big shot of anti inflammatories and told him to rest. I guess the head trainer looked at the film of the hit he took and told him he was a very lucky guy, he could have been really hurt maybe even a career ending injury. As we left for church I was murmuring about how "why can't he get a break?" Now I need to repent, Heavenly Father was watching over him and I feel so blessed he wasn't hurt worse than he was.

1 comment:

The McNeil Family said...

So glad to hear that he is ok. It is surprising how we are watched over by angels. =)