Friday, April 1, 2011

Bathing With The Scorpions


After a couple of days of severe pain it is nice to be up and walking again. Mindi and I even went shopping for baby clothes and material for her quilt. I feel like I'm in a catch 22 where I need to exercise to burn calories, but if I'm not careful and do too much, I put myself back a few months. My Dad came over for a visit yesterday and to pick up some grapefruit from our trees. He and my Mom have been super worried all week about the hip pain I have been experiencing. After I showed him where it hurt and told him how discouraged I have been he finally said, "Teri, you are just going to have to accept the fact that you are crippled and awkward and just do the best you can and try not to get down emotionally." Okay Dad, thanks for the words of wisdom. I had Rich and Dave give me a blessing on Wed. evening and oh how I appreciate the power of the Priesthood in my life. As I got in the tub to soak my aching muscles I swung my legs over our huge tub and as I looked down my foot was an inch from this darling little scorpion. Here I was standing naked in the tub sharing it with a stinging creature. I tried to yell at Rich to come help me but he was in the office. I struggled to get my butt out of there as fast as I could, threw my nightgown on and stormed down to where he was reading and asked him why he didn't come help me. He says he didn't hear me. Anyway, I just filled the tub up with water and scooped him out and drowned him. This weekend is General Conference and I can't wait to listen to the speakers and feel the spirit. There are always things I need to hear, so hopefully I will be able to take it all in. Rich is leaving on Sunday morning to Montana to go fishing with Spencer. I hope they have a fun time, but don't catch any fish. That's mean huh! With Rich out of town I can do anything I want, Spencer promised me a spa treatment but that isn't happening, I will just be happy with a few nights of good sleep.

No comments: