Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blessings of Easter

Brookie with one of the puppies



Kylie


Tayler and Max

Life continues to show me that it's a test to be on this earth trying to survive the trials I'm given and work through some very hard emotional stuff. I felt life was hard before but now with the passing of Kamber it seems like I have a big dark hole in my heart that won't heal, no matter how hard I try. Anyway, Ethan called to ask if I could watch the kids while he and Jenn went to the funeral of an Aunt of hers. So I got to spend the morning with the Larsen children. It was so fun to have them over. First we went to hold the puppies which Tayler and Kylie were totally good about being careful. Brookie wanted to hold them but if they made a noise or moved a little bit she would just drop them. Max wasn't interested so he just crawled around playing with toys. As Ethan left he invited me to go to the cemetery with them to decorate Kamber's grave for Easter, so while I was babysitting I was also trying to get showered and dressed. It's a good thing I can still multi-task. Kylie decided to go outside and cut some roses, she and Tayler made some amazing bouquets. We went to the cemetery and met Jenn's Mom Madeline there. I can honestly say I haven't ever been to the cemetery on or around Easter before. There was a cool breeze blowing and it was so peaceful there. It amazes me to see all the ways to decorate a grave and it was fun to see how creative people are. We took some pictures and came home stopping to get some lunch on the way. My sister came by to get me and we went shopping for Easter clothes. When we were kids my Mom always got us a new dress to wear to church on Easter Sunday. We hit a couple of stores but I didn't find anything that I loved, so I'm hoping for another chance to go to the Mall with Mindi and Tristyn tonight. I know that the clothes aren't important to celebrate Easter, I'm so thankful for my testimony that Christ lived and gave his life for me, without the Atonement there would be no hope to see those family members again and to live with them on the other side. We are getting together tomorrow for Easter dinner, that's what life's all about!


Ethan and the girls, Max was asleep in the car


Darling me and Madeline

No comments: