Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Fisherman Returns to the Flu or Headache?

Rich has been gone for four days fishing with Spencer in Missoula, Montana. I'm glad he got to go on a little trip but it will be nice to have him home, I always sleep better when he's here. When he leaves town I want to get lots of things done, like clean out a room, get all the ironing done, and have my house spotless and me looking "smashing" when he comes in the door. Well, I had great intentions today as I woke up and started doing my chores and trying to put things away. We also got irrigation so that is always a worry for me, but with Mindi pregnant and me crippled Dave came home to take care of that thankfully. As the morning progressed I started feeling worse with each passing minute. I finally got a thermometer from Mindi and put the heating pad on my feet, I also started taking some meds for my throbbing headache. What the @%ll, I have the flu again? After a lecture from my Mom to not stay in bed and "get up and dust," that is what my Grandma Fern would always say when we were sick, I have attempted to get a few things done before Rich arrives around 6:00 p.m. I'm wondering if it is the change in the pressure from a storm that is suppose to move in later tonight that is causing my headache, but who the heck knows. I have often wondered what it would be like to look and feel like I did before taking that hard road to marriage and child bearing. What would my life be like if I never got married, had kids and instead had a single life and career. Would I be happier with my life or would I yearn for what I have now? I understand that the "Plan of Happiness" requires us to be sealed in the Temple and have children if possible, so hopefully when I reach the other side it will be worth the sacrifices made. I can't imagine not having a husband, children and grandchildren, they teach me lessons I wouldn't have learned if I didn't have them in my life. On Monday I went to the UPS store to send a package to the kids in Colorado. It was full of birthday and Easter stuff for Tyton's birthday tomorrow. As I was standing there a lady and her husband walked in with a box of nothing but candy. Tootsie Roll pops, Skittles and a bunch of other candies they were sending to their grand kids in Texas. She was hobbling in on crutches so of course I had to ask her what her problem was. She told me how she was in a car and another vehicle rammed her, backed up and hit their car again. She seemed to think it was an insurance scam because this same driver had hit six other cars here in Gilbert. As a result of this accident she had a heart attack, a brain seizure and they had to replace her knee which her body is rejecting. I told her about my hip replacement and how disappointed I am that my walking isn't better, she had a few suggestions on how I could feel better. After listening to her story and all that is wrong with her I felt thankful that my problems seemed so minimal. No matter where I look there is always someone who is going through something worse than I am. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and get those things done on my list, if not there is always Friday.

No comments: