Saturday, April 16, 2011

35 Years Together and 5 Puppies Born

The other day I was talking to a friend of mine about how old we are getting. In two years I will be 60 and then if I live twelve more I will be 70. How can that be? It seems like my life is going by so fast. Two months ago Mindi decided to bring a little male to breed with her female Shih Tzu Bella. As we were looking at the calendar we realized she would have her puppies on Rich and My 35th wedding anniversary today. Yesterday we couldn't find Bella all day long. This little dog usually follows us around begging for food but she was acting strange. We finally found her under the boys bed and sure enough she was in labor. So Mindi, Tristyn and I were up until 2:30 this morning helping deliver her puppies. She had the first two really fast and then we waited and waited for the third. She had the last one at around 2 a.m. To say that I am tired is an understatement. I'm too old to be delivering puppies until late in the night. The third one was so cute I decided to keep her. A few hours after she was born Tristyn picked her up and she was limp and not breathing. I tried to stimulate her and breath close to her nose and mouth in hopes she would make it. She gasped for about an hour and we really thought she would make it but she never did get warm and breath normally. So she had five puppies and we have four that lived. It will be easy to remember the date they were born because of it being our anniversary. I brought my wedding album out, I do it at least once a year, it's hard when you don't recognize the people in the photos. I hope when I die my spirit will look like I did when I was 22, tan athletic and strong. Life seems to take a toll when you get out into the "lone and dreary world." Anyway, I'm happy for every year Rich has been able to put up with my PMS, postpartum, animal hoarding behavior. I've had to put up with some of his little faults too. I guess we deserve each other, that is the only reason I can think of that we would put up with each other, that and our deep love. Anyway, we made it through another year, sometimes we don't know why it seems so hard, but I'm thankful for all the lessons learned from this experience. Our posterity is growing with soon to be 16 grand kids added to our wonderful four children and their spouses. How can life get better than this?

No comments: