Friday, April 8, 2011


















The birthdays just keep coming. Yesterday Spencer's little guy turned four and today my little, or should I say BIG guy turns 30. I can't believe it has been that long since I birthed my first son. He was almost ten pounds, and if the cord hadn't been wrapped around his neck he would have been born in the carport of our little house on Jacaranda St. in Mesa. After a wild ride to the hospital, I was only in there around fifteen minutes before he was born. In the olden days we didn't have the privilege of knowing what gender we were having, so I was so excited to have a boy after two girls. I woke up this morning at 5:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. Rich leaves early to go work out so I'm alone almost every morning to ponder my life and my day. After about an hour of not so nice thoughts I decided to get up and do some writing that I was told would help me with some of these negative feelings I've been having. Since Kamber's passing I feel like I have a big chunk of my heart missing. Maybe a dark cloud hanging over me too. I often wonder if maybe there is something seriously wrong with me that I can't just forget the past and look forward to the future. The problem is, the future isn't looking that great to me right now either. It's easy with all the wars going on, the economy tanking, earthquakes and floods to get discouraged about life. Pretty soon it will be 110 degrees around here and that would make even a normal person crazy. Anyway, I'm thankful to be out of bed today, not running a fever, sitting up and taking nourishment, maybe that's all I need today to just have hope that I can make it through today. I have blessings upon blessings but darn it sometimes I can't see them through my dark colored glasses. Anyway, Happy Birthday to my wonderful son Ethan, we love you!

No comments: