Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Learning Charity

It seems like lately I've been "lower than a snake's belly" so I hate to write when I don't feel normal in the head. Yesterday I spent the day with a dear friend. We went to lunch, the chiropractor and then shopping for clothes. It felt good to be out and not just home in the doldrums. Today Mindi went to get another ultrasound of her baby so I went to Scottsdale to visit with my parents. It's always nice to go home and be able to relax and just be me. My Mom works in the Temple but because of the Easter Pageant she doesn't have to work for a couple of weeks so my Dad decided to take us out to lunch at Los Olivos. As we drove to downtown Scottsdale I couldn't believe how different it looks since I moved away 35 years ago. Life seemed so simple then. Growing up my Dad would always tell me, "Teri don't wish your life away." I didn't understand it then, but now I do. While talking to my parents I told them how disappointed I am with my life right now. I try to do the right things, those that I was taught as a child, but there is still a part of me that I don't seem to be able to change. To me life should be different than it is. I really did feel that after my surgery I would feel better, walk better, be able to do things I couldn't before because of the constant pain. That's not my reality yet, all I can have is hope that someday things will get better. I'm so thankful for parents who love me and want the best for me. I know their lives haven't been perfect but they have always lived life with charity, now if I could just become like them my life would get easier for sure.

No comments: