Monday, April 4, 2011

Three Birthdays and NO Car Seat Cover

All the kids at the party!

Ethan and Brookie after opening presents

The quilt I made for Brookie
I'm always excited when Rich leaves town because I think I can slack off on the house cleaning and go shopping, out to eat and just kick back. It sounds like a good idea until I look around and see that by taking a few days off it really just makes my life harder. Today we ran some errands, got some lunch and then drove down into the middle of Mesa to talk to a girl about helping me make a car seat cover for Mindi's new baby due in July. I bought a pattern last week and used some old ugly material to make a practice one and it turned out horrible. I thought I was a better seamstress than I am obviously. After talking to her about how much work it is and that you really don't have a pattern, I would just "eyeball it" I decided that maybe spending $75-$100 would be worth it instead of the irritation of making one. I love to make quilts, they aren't perfect, but who cares, I do the best I can, but to take on a project at this age and time just doesn't feel right to me. We went out to Ethan and Jenn's yesterday to celebrate Brookie's birthday. When we showed up she had this scarey looking Dora mask on. Every time I think of her it makes me smile. She was only three months old when Kamber passed away, she is really special to me because she helped get me through that terrible trial. I also have a really special feeling for little Gunnar who was born a few hours after we buried Kamber. It will be interesting to me when I go to the other side to understand the dynamic between burying a grandchild while bringing another one in the world on the same day. Tyton's birthday is Thurs. and then Ethan will be 30 on Friday. Conference weekend was so good. As I was listening to the speakers I realized how many things I fall short in doing. It seemed like the brethren are really worried about the families and the way we treat each other. I know I don't show the appreciation and love I should to my spouse and kids, I need to do better. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more productive day for me, before I know it Rich will be home wondering what I did for four days. What has he been doing for this time, eating prime rib and fishing, life isn't fair!

1 comment:

Flip flop Queen! said...

Thanks for coming to the party. It is always fun to have the family over. Everytime after everyone leaves I sit back and think of how grateful I am for all of our family. I really do enjoy my time with everyone.
The quilt is darling. Brookie loves it and has been sleeping with it every night. She is very particular about her blankets.
Anyways... thanks for being such a good grandma to my kiddos.:)