Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Exercise Equals Pain!

Monday morning I got a call from a dear friend asking if I was up to walking to get a little exercise. Mornings and especially Mondays aren't my favorite, but I told her she was welcome to come over and maybe we could do some stretching. So when she came we went in the family room and started doing an exercise routine I had taped in hopes of maybe burning some calories. Well, it felt really good to be stretching and I even did some light aerobics and lifted some weights. I was so proud of myself that I went out of my comfort zone and did more than I have in a long time. By yesterday afternoon I was so sore and my hip felt like it had been dislocated. I stayed in bed all afternoon with ice packs wincing in pain every time I tried to turn over. I spent a sleepless night trying to get comfortable and after taking pain meds all night I still wasn't pain free. This morning as Rich left he says his usual, "Dewey are you alright?" My answer was, "no I think I'm going to die if I don't find some relief for this pain." After he left my Mom called to see how I was doing. I told her about my night and how much pain I'm in and how desperate I am to find out what is wrong with me. She tries to help but basically NO ONE can help me. Mindi came home from her doctors appointment and informed me that today was the last day to use my 30% off coupon at Kohl's, so I got dressed, sucked it up and went shopping. I have three birthdays next week so it was important to make it to the sale. By the time we got home I was in tears, my head was pounding, my neck stiff and my hip was throbbing. I started taking the pain meds again and spent the afternoon on the bed with ice packs and a heating pad. I finally made it up to feed to animals and hopefully work on two quilts I need to finish. Rich called this afternoon to see if I had expired or not, we were talking about the olden days when I was a collegiate athlete and now there is a possibility I will be in a wheelchair someday. I assured him that he has aged too and there are some things about him that aren't the same now either. We did come to the conclusion that life isn't fair, and that when you get married you really don't know what challenges you will have along the way. We have some close family members who have decided to divorce and go their separate ways taking their children away from the church and out of our family. It breaks my heart to see the affect it is having on the people I love, but that is what we fought for in Heaven, the right to choose for ourselves what kind of life we want to live. I know there are people close to us who are literally fighting for their lives. It makes me feel bad that I can't just accept that I'm crippled and be happy, but that isn't the Greer Way!

No comments: