Monday, March 21, 2011

Why Is Life So Hard?

I had a rough weekend but isn't life rough most of the time anyway? Trisyn had a volleyball tournament on Sat. and because of conflicts I haven't been able to watch her play. So because the games were being played close I decided to go. She had to be there at 7:15 a.m. so it was an early morning to get myself ready plus have all my animals fed. We got out there and watched the first game and then we had a two hour wait before the second game so we decided to go to Ethan and Jenn's to hang out. The kids had a fun time playing and then Jenn took me back with her kids for the last two games. Tristyn played really well but the team only won one out of the three games. I had left Rich home with a list of things to do but especially wanted him to get a cage built for my big white Colorado rabbit that Spencer drove me two hours to buy when I was up visiting. Anyway, I ended up buying two does and one was hopefully going to have babies soon. Well, Rich got busy doing other things and only got the hutch partially built and that was okay because I knew I had one more week before the babies were due. On Sunday morning Mindi came and told me to not go outside because the dogs had killed my two rabbits. WHAT! They didn't eat them, but they must have chased them until they died. I was distraught all day. I noticed that she had been digging but didn't think she could dig that far to get under the wall. It is a good thing I didn't go out because I would probably kill two dogs. I understand it is an instinct for dogs to chase rabbits, but I'm still heartbroken. I'm trying to find some of the same breed and there are some possibilities even if Rich has to take me to Camp Verde I will find some new Flemish Giants to replace my Colorado rabbits. Life is hard but there's nothing I can do about it but try to cope with what comes my way.

All of the grand kids after the tournament.

1 comment:

larsen family said...

I had so much fun going to Tristyn's games! My baby boy looks huge in Dave's arms. It makes me so sad that he is getting big so fast.