Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Loss

What a busy week it has been, time is going by so fast. My sister Mell had asked me to help her teach a couple of her friends how to make tamales. Yesterday was the day and even though it was a lot of work we had a good time. I'm not an expert by any means, I've only made them a few times but they turned out really well. I always get anxiety when I'm having strangers over to my house. I woke up early and took all my St. Pat's stuff down and got all the Easter rabbits put in their place. I did some laundry, cleaned my kitchen, filled up my hummingbird feeder and even took a shower and put on some make up. By the time they were cooking the last batch of tamales I was lying on the couch trying to get my second wind. I have always needed that little nap in the afternoon or I can't make it through the evening. I have been really sad about my bunnies and have been searching for some to replace mine. There is a girl in Camp Verde who is saving one for me and Rich has offered to take me on a road trip to pick her up. I just don't know when we will be making the trek. As I was talking to a friend of mine today about how sad I've been about my rabbits I began to cry. Okay, they were just two rabbits, what's my problem? It boils down to the fact that these were special rabbits. My son cared enough about me to drive me for two hours to pick them up, let me keep them in his garage and then brought them home the fourteen hours to Arizona. These rabbits weren't in my house, I hardly even touched them, but the sentimental value represented someone who cared about me. I have experienced one of the greatest losses by losing Kamber and these little bunnies are nothing compared to losing her, but darn it, it brings up the same emotions deep in my heart. I know there will be other pets that will come and go, they can be replaced unlike a loved one. Rich and I were talking about it last night and wondered if we will ever be able to "get over it" what ever that means. The only thing we can do is try and live a life worthy of seeing her again when we join her on the other side, but until then I will just keep trying to find something to fill the void.

No comments: