Monday, December 16, 2013

"The Purpose of Stress"

Last week was a really hard one for me. Lots of shopping and cleaning, plus the usual errands and chores. I can see now why some people don't decorate and just give a little money as gifts. At times it  becomes overwhelming for me but I'm still not at the point to give up. I could feel myself going into that dark abyss, the doldrums. Where nothing makes sense and I wonder if there really is a God who knows me and even cares what I'm going through. I have spent lots of time during the night praying for help and wondering if anyone was listening to me. I wish I could see through the veil and get some advice from my Grandma Fern, or Kamber, the two people I miss the most. This morning I decided to do some reading to see if my spirit would lighten up. I pulled out my little "You Can Be Happy , No Matter What," book and started reading. When I opened the book the paragraph said, "The Purpose of Stress." It said, "The purpose of stress is to warn us when we are headed toward psychological danger." The more stress we feel, the more important it is to drop the thoughts that are on our mind. Stress can be a friend-- by letting us know beforehand when we are heading away from happiness, away from clear thinking." There are some people I know who love to be stressed out. They live their life so busy their relationships suffer. Sometimes I let the stress get to me too. So if I can just make it through the next week and survive, maybe I will make a change in my life so I can get some clear thinking going on in my head.

No comments: