Monday, December 30, 2013

White Elephant Gifts?

On Christmas morning when we were waiting for the kids to come to open their presents, Rich and I were just sitting relaxing in our chairs when I looked up at the shelf on my wall. I noticed there was a green trophy sitting up there. Mindi got it down and we wondered how a 2001, 3rd place running man trophy had gotten up there. I then remembered the three plastic Tiki glasses that I saw in my kitchen cupboard when I was putting dishes away. Later on we found a pink pig in the hutch in the family room. While we were opening presents, there were two under the tree that no one knew who they were from. Rich opened the small one, a Coney hot dog steamer, and I opened a large wrapped box with an ugly wall hanging in it. By then we were accusing everyone in the family of being the person or persons who would do this to us. Then this morning as I got in the shower I found a little white statue of a little girl in the middle of all my shampoos and conditioners. There is a part of me that thinks this is funny but Rich and I both feel kind of violated. Who has the nerve to come into our home, without being invited and putting Goodwill items on shelves, in cupboards and even in our shower? I thought of calling the Police and making a report of a trespassing, but I don't know if it's a crime to come in someone's home and leave ugly useless stuff around. Anyway, if someone knows who has come into our home and left these things please let us know, if not I have lots of White Elephant gifts to give out next year.
 




No comments: