Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013, Over, Whew!

On Christmas Day before all the family came over, I walked around my house and took some pictures. It was quiet and peaceful and I was trying to relax before the chaos began. I looked at my Nativity my Dad made for me with his own hands. Each character is carved out of wood and it is special to me. I looked at my tree all decorated with bulbs and bows and there was one ornament that caught my eye, a picture of Kamber in a little Joy sign Jenn gave to me a few years ago. Mindi and Ethan went in on a Granny Bike for me, hoping I can get a little exercise without falling off and breaking my hip. I don't buy my grand kids toys for Christmas. That is something Santa or their parents bring, so I always get them new pajamas and sweat shirts to keep them warm in the next few months. After we opened presents the extended family came and we had ham and potatoes, rolls, yummy cherry salad and desert. One thing nice about Christmas is everyone is so tired they are eager to get home and let the kids play with their toys. We missed Spencer and his little family but they are in Boston waiting for the football season to be over on Sunday and for Spencer to get home and then they will have their own little Christmas next week. I have spent the last two days taking down all my decorations. Every year I think it's too much work and I'm not going to do it again. Next year may be the year I decide to go easy on the decorating, I'm getting too old to do it by myself year after year. Anyway, I survived Christmas 2013 and am anxious to see what the New Year brings me.
 





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teri--you sound just like me, I told my family since I was having surgery I better not come home to a house filled with decorations, I did and guess who had to take them down and put them away.....yeah me I love your new bike, that is a great gift.