Saturday, December 7, 2013

"Be An Answer To Someone's Prayer Today"

This has been another crazy and busy week for me, just like always. I have most of my Christmas decorations up except my tree and that will happen soon. The last two mornings when I woke up the thermometer said it was 29 degrees outside, there has been frost on the grass and the water for the animals was frozen. Living here in the desert we have the extremes from boiling hot to freezing cold, but there are a few months when it is well worth it. Tonight is our ward Christmas party. Rich and I were asked to help with some other amazing people. My assignments were baking twenty pounds of potatoes and calling a list of women who signed up to make a crockpot of soup. Rich was asked to get our sleigh and fireplace to the church, plus build a place for the Nativity to stand. The rest of the committee all decorated for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon and I have to say we were efficient and it looked marvelous. I don't think Rich has ever been as busy as he is right now with work. We are so grateful, but that really stresses us out, and he is nearing 60 which frustrates him that he can't work like he did when he was younger. Anyway, last night Mindi helped us load the sleigh in the truck and we went to the church. We thought someone was going to be there with a key to let us in, but no one was there. Rich walked around the church to see which door would be best to get this sleigh through. I was sitting in the truck when I noticed a car was there and a young man walked out. He asked me if we needed any help. They were the missionaries and I told him we were having trouble finding a way to get this sleigh in the church for our party. His companion came out and offered to let us in the building and find a way to help us. We spent almost an hour trying every door and even trying to take a door apart to fit it through. We finally found a door at the front of the church but Rich had measured and measured and asked me, "How much do you really want this sleigh in there?" I told him they were counting on it, so Rich and the two missionaries headed out to carry it in. As they walked out I said, "Hey you guys, say a little prayer that we can get this thing in the church." When they got it to the door Rich was confident that it wouldn't fit and as they lifted it up and turned it sideways it went right through the door. I couldn't believe it, I still can't. Anyway, as the missionaries left I told them they were an answer to our prayers. One of them said, "That is really weird because in one of our zone meetings today, the leader told us to go out and be an answer to someone's prayer today." They were definitely an answer to our prayer last night, now hopefully we will be able to get the sleigh out of the church tonight, otherwise we've got a big problem and we will need some more prayers answered.

No comments: