Saturday, March 23, 2013

"Your Daughter's Your Daughter"

I was talking to one of my really good friends the other day about our children and grandchildren. She has four boys one of which was killed in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. As we were talking, I told her I was so thankful to have daughters. She needs a daughter. This week Candi came over and did a Larsen Family hair cutting, coloring and styling extravaganza. She uses her talents and kindness when she comes over and it helps us all save time and money.  I asked Rich last week if he could cut my toenails on my foot where I had my hip operation. The look on his face made me think that wasn't in the job description of husband duties. After he was done he said, "how much does it cost to get a pedicure?" That's all it took for me to decide I needed some professional help. So on Thursday we took Trulie to the babysitter and Mindi and I went and got a manicure and pedicure. It was so fun to just relax and let someone TRY and improve our looks. I heard a little saying once that said, "your daughter's your daughter all of your life, your son's your son till he takes a wife.'" I have been really lucky because I love both of my daughter-in-laws as much as my daughters. There have been times I have liked them more than my sons, but that's a different post. The older I get the more I understand the wisdom of our Heavenly Father who puts us in families so we can experience all that is needed to become like him. It is through these relationships where we grow and learn about the atonement and agency. My kids are not perfect but they are mine and I wouldn't trade them for anyone on this earth.

1 comment:

Coplen's said...

Teri I agree you have the best children in the world! :) I am also thankful I have two daughters. :) Miss you guys. I need to come watch Tristyn play sometime. I know she is soooo amazing at volleyball.