Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How Did Spencer Get So Old?


On Monday my baby boy turned 29 years old. As my kids keep getting older, so do Rich and I.  When he was here last time, I asked him if there was anything I could do for him. He mumbled something about making him a UofA sheet to put on his table he uses when he treats people with his MAT. After they left I felt inspired to take all the t-shirts I had collected of his four year college football career and make them into a quilt. I spent all my spare time for the last three weeks sewing and quilting and I really wanted him to get it on his birthday.  Last week was so crazy birthing puppies, that I didn't get it done until Wednesday. So off I went to UPS to mail this "thing of beauty" to Boston. I told the guy it needed to get there by March 4th and when he told me it would cost $69.95 I almost fainted. If I could wait until March 6th it would only be $19.95. We don't have a money tree out in the backyard to pick off of and Rich works mighty hard for his money, so I'm hoping he will get it today before the storm of all storms hits the East Coast. I have been trying really hard to concentrate on my thoughts and rein them in a bit. I find myself worrying about the future that I have NO control over. I worry about my parents, kids, grand kids and feel guilty that Rich, at almost 60 years-old still puts in twelve hour days to provide for us. As he left for work this morning I could see the stress in his face. I can't imagine having ten different families depending on me to keep a business going so they can survive. If I think about it too much I could make myself mentally sick, again. As I get older, sometimes I feel like I'm not doing what I am suppose to be doing. Is this really what life is all about? Doing the same chores over and over again, day after day? I was telling Rich last night that sometimes I feel like there isn't anything to look forward to anymore. It was fun with Spencer playing in the NFL to read about the teams and what was going on and now there isn't even that in our lives anymore. Life is changing as we try and endure those adversities we are given and serve where needed. Now if I could just find me a money tree, that would solve all my problems.

No comments: