Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Way It Is Suppose To Be?

Lately I've been in a funk. I've asked myself a thousand times if this is what life is suppose to be like. Then I have other questions I ask myself in my mind. Am I doing what I was destined to do? Am I living where I am suppose to be? Am I doing all I can do to follow the Savior's example. I wonder if my problem is age related or just lack of sleep and hormones.Sunday morning I was standing at the sink with Rich behind me looking out the front of our house. I said something about how much work it takes to live in a nice house with a huge yard full of flowers. Besides spending hours and hours at work and church, he also does most of the work in the yard. All he said was that he likes making our home beautiful. That is what he does for a job, helping others make their homes beautiful. I am so thankful he loves what he does. I wish I could have gone on to have a career after my kids were out of the house, but that wasn't my pathway so, no regrets. On Sunday afternoon we went to the cemetery to decorate Kamber's grave for Easter. As we pulled in I was so happy to see all the pretty spring flowers on the graves. Rich commented that almost every grave had some nice flowers on them. As we walked along I made sure the family knew what was not acceptable to put on my grave, live flowers that shrivel up and die, then look ugly, not acceptable. As we left I felt at peace. The cemetery is a nice place to be on a warm sunny Sabbath afternoon. I know Kamber appreciates us thinking about her and she know how much we love and miss her. I know she loves her little brothers and sisters and parents and knows she will see them again. With all those questions I have floating around in my goofy brain I do know that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy, but life is still hard and maybe that is the way it's suppose to be.




No comments: